Friday, May 9, 2008

Ooty - Pikara Lake and Dam



Pykara Dam, Lake and falls

19 km from Ooty. The river has a dam and power plant. There is a breathtaking scenery. The falls, about 6 km from the bridge on the main road, are best in July, but they are also worth visiting from August to December.



The Pykara Dam, Pykara falls and the reservoir attracts many tourists. A boat house with Restaurant is available. It is maintained by T.T.D.C.




Ooty Pykara Lake Boat Station



There is a forest rest House at Pykara. A boat house by the Pykara falls and Dam is added attractions to the tourists.




Pykara Lake and Forest around




Pykara boasts of well protected fenced Sholas, Toda settlements, undistributed grassy meadows and also a good wildlife habitat.




Ooty Pykara Lake and Forest View



2 comments:

Simple_Sundar said...

Dear Karthick,

Nice to see your blog. All the best.

Karthick Surendran said...

Thanks a lot! I have started blogging only after seeing your efforts in blogging. You are my first ever visitor and yours is the first comment. Believe me or not, In my dream in today early morning I was talking to u about Superstar. I don't have much creativity. So I started to put pictures I have taken and getting information from other sites to create these blogs. I have to go a long way to be like you. Any way you are my role model for blogging. I'm still not believing that I got the first comment!

Thanks a lot!
Karthick.S